Today at work, I had two customers back-to-back who referred to black people as "coloreds" and "those colored people" among other things. Special.
Co-worker: Someone said the other day that Toledo, Ohio, is the prostitute capital of the US, and there's a big article on it in The Blade (our local newspaper).
Customer: And I bet you, they're all those colored people, huh?
The other customer breeds miniature Yorkies, and he'll occasionally bring them into the bank. We don't care, we have treats for them, and they know right where to go to get them too. Anyhow, a couple weeks ago, he brought in his dogs, and another customer mentioned she was interested in purchasing one from an upcoming litter. So, he's talking to us today and mentions this woman, saying, "There was that bla-, colored, er, brown, er, ya know, colored lady in here a couple weeks ago who said she wanted one..." He then went on to infer that the black lady, just by virtue of her color, probably wouldn't have enough money to purchase one of the puppies.
You'd think I live in the backwoods somewhere. Seesh.