Thursday, August 21, 2008

Well that Pisses me off!

Along with slowly making my way to 10,000 steps a day, I've recently started riding my bike again. Now, it's nothing fancy or new, just my mountain bike that I've had since I was at least in junior high, so it's approximately 14-15 years old. It's still in good, shiny shape though, and it does the job.

The back of my apartment building has a little covered porch (basically big enough for the door, and a person to smoke in outside of the rain. When not in use, I've had my bike parked on this little porch. Before I started using my bike (in fact, before I ever even brought my bike to my apartment building from my parents), a kid who lived in another apartment had his bike in the same place for the last year, until his family moved out a month ago. Neither of us ever locked our bikes, not that there was anything to lock them too.

At some point today, my bike was stolen. Went to work around 7:40am, came home around 9:00pm, and it was gone. A police report was filed, although I doubt anything will come of that. Reason #6535 why I hate people. Bah, shit!

No comments: